First Class Only: Creating & Managing One to One Chats
For organizations utilizing our First Class plan, admins can initiate direct announcements and chats to contacts or groups of contacts (i.e. families). This also provides the ability for contacts to respond directly to chats. Please note this feature is only available for contacts who've verified on the ReachWell app!
Please Note: Our chat feature is FERPA compliant but not HIPPA compliant. We advise nurses, school counselors, or any other specialist with medical information about students to turn off chat.
To send a chat through ReachWell, please:
- Navigate to your ReachWell Dashboard.
- Select Messages from the left main navigation bar, and then Chats.
- Select Send a New Chat.
- Select the school(s) or group(s) you would like to include, and then the contact(s) you would like to send a chat to. If you don't know the contacts' name(s), you can select them by the students they are associated with. Only contacts who have verified with ReachWell will show up on this list. A chat sent to multiple contacts will display in their ReachWell app as a 1-1 chat (i.e. no one else included). Contacts will not know you sent the same chat to other contacts.
- Enter the content of your chat utilizing the variety of features available (e.g. attaching an image, inserting a file attachment, adding emojis, etc.).
- Select Send to send the chat. Please note, hitting the Enter key will also send the chat! Select Shift + Enter to start a new line!
- Contacts will see the chat in their preferred selected languages from the ReachWell app. If any contacts are not receiving their chat notifications, please visit THIS article for instructions on enabling push notifications from ReachWell.
Admins do not need to regularly check their ReachWell Dashboard for new chats. Every hour, an updated summary of unread chats will be sent to your email inbox.
Contacts (i.e. families) will receive chats and announcements in their selected preferred language. When a contact sends a chat to an admin in their preferred language, the chat can be translated to English by the admin if they utilize the language-translation button from the ReachWell Dashboard > Messages > Chats page.
Why can't I see my chats on my app?
The ReachWell app that is downloaded from the app store is the contact-facing (i.e. family-facing) view of ReachWell. The ReachWell Dashboard that is opened using a web browser is the staff and admin-facing view. Chats will display in your ReachWell Dashboard > Messages > Chats page. However, contacts will see chats and announcements as push notifications on their individual mobile devices in their ReachWell app.
Group & Org Admins View
Admins can export chat data from the ReachWell Dashboard > Messages > Chats page by selecting the Export Data option.
Click here to subscribe to status updates through our
ReachWell Academy channel on the app.
Overview: First Class Plan
Overview ReachWell offers three plan options to organizations; First Class, Economy, and Free Forever. This article details the options provided to our First Class clients. For more information about the various ReachWell plans, please click HERE! ...
How do contacts reply to announcements and chats? (First Class Plan Only)
Overview For organizations utilizing our First Class plan, your contacts (i.e. families) have the ability to reply to your chats and emails! Announcements Admins have several options for pushing out messages to contacts. Please note: Currently, ...
First Class/Economy Plans: Manually Creating & Managing Contacts
Overview For organizations utilizing our First Class or Economy Plans this article provides instructions for manually adding and editing individual contacts in ReachWell. Contacts are the family members or guardians of students who are using the ...
Chatting with Group Contacts
Overview Group Admins can initiate instant chats to a one or multiple contacts associated with their groups. Group Admins can only chat with contacts that have verified on the ReachWell app. This also provides the ability for contacts to respond ...
First Class Plan: Creating & Managing Contacts with Clever
Overview If your organization is utilizing our First Class plan, we provide an easy way to connect your student information system (SIS) to ReachWell enabling your school's contacts (i.e. families) to be automatically pulled into ReachWell on a ...