ReachWell’s Privacy & Compliance Policy
is built for education and non-profits; we are dedicated to serving our communities safely. This page of our website details our Privacy and Compliance
- Contact information is completely private between students, parents, and admins. All messages are sent using ReachWell numbers and work email addresses, not personal phone numbers.
- Messages on ReachWell cannot be edited or deleted, so there’s a permanent record of every conversation. Admins can download and email their message history at any time.
- Admins or users who violate ReachWell's Community Guidelines may be blocked by ReachWell.
- Two-way communication is only available for contacts (i.e. families). Schools can opt to include students over the age of 13.
- Your data is your data! ReachWell does not rent or sell any user data. Organizations own their data.
- There are certain cases where we must share information to help us operate ReachWell, such as a service called Twillo to deliver SMS messages. Should you decide to delete your account, we will delete all of your information from our servers within 90 days at your request.
What about FERPA?
is a federal law that protects the privacy of student education records. These include personally identifiable information (PII) about students, like contact or family information, grades, and disciplinary records. Under FERPA, schools are required to protect any records that they (or approved third parties) might maintain. FERPA also gives parents specific rights to their children's student education records.
How does FERPA allow schools to use ReachWell?
One of the exceptions to this rule allows schools to provide student education records to a person or party with a legitimate educational interest in the information. This person or party is known as a school official. Most schools use the school official exception to work with ReachWell, which allows us to provide communication services to that school. FERPA states that it is up to the school to determine whether a school official has permission to access education records. The school also decides whether it has direct control of the person/party when it comes to these records. Districts/Networks and Schools have full control over their information in ReachWell. Administrators with a ReachWell Plan also have access to detailed statistics about usage and advanced controls for managing their communities.
For additional questions, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
. We are happy to help! Click here to subscribe to status updates through our ReachWell Academy channel on the app.
Flyer Connect: Data Privacy & Safety Policies
Overview Flyer Connect is built for education and non-profits; we are dedicated to serving our communities safely. This page of our website details our Privacy and Compliance strategy. Contacts, student and family information is completely private ...
Privacy & Safety Handouts - Economy Plan
Overview ReachWell is dedicated to the safety and privacy of your organization's contacts and families. Click HERE to print downloadable handouts that you can distribute to contacts regarding our privacy and safety policies in both English and ...
Privacy & Safety Handouts - First Class Plan
Overview ReachWell is dedicated to the safety and privacy of your organization's contacts and families. Click HRE to print downloadable handouts that you can distribute to contacts regarding our privacy and safety policies in both English and ...
Overview This article details ReachWell's Usage and Message Reports. Our data reports help you to assess how your contacts are using ReachWell This tool can help you to analyze whether or not your messages are being received, and which parts of the ...
ReachWell’s Language Translation Engine
Overview The ReachWell translation engine supports both automated and manual translation. Org, School, and Group Admins in the ReachWell Dashboard simply send announcements in English, and app notifications are translated based on the preferred ...