For organizations utilizing our First Class or Economy Plans
this article provides instructions for manually adding and editing individual contacts in ReachWell. Contacts are the family members or guardians of students who are using the family version of the ReachWell app. Please note that contacts are associated with private groups only. Contact permissions include:
- Receiving chats in the ReachWell App from their associated school(s) and private groups.
- Sending/receiving direct chats to school-level admins and group-level admins of the groups to which they belong.
- NOT sending/receiving chats to other contacts.
For organizations utilizing our First Class plan
, please also see these articles for details on how to sync contacts to ReachWell:
- First Class Plan: Creating & Managing Contacts with Clever
- First Class Plan: Creating & Managing Contacts with a CSV Upload
If your organization is not syncing contacts to ReachWellt via Clever, you can manually add an individual contact from your Dashboard
. If contacts are being synced, any manually added contacts will be copied over in the nightly Clever sync. To manually create a new contact in ReachWell, navigate to your Dashboard > Contacts > Contacts tab.
- Select Add New Contact.
- Enter the contact's personal details. The highlighted details below are required.
- Assign the contact to the appropriate school or any groups you would like them to be a part of.
- If a school automatically populates for a contact and you want to assign them to a group, you will need to first delete the school and then add the group.
- Select the Notification Types that you would like them to receive messages in (i.e. email, text, voice).
- Select the student(s) they are associated with, their relation to the student, and the type of contact they are. If multiple students are needed, use the plus icon after adding the first student to add the next.
- Select Add Contact.
For ReachWell clients utilizing our First Class plan, contacts are populated from your student information system (SIS) via Clever, or by a CSV upload. In cases where contacts are being synced to ReachWell by Clever, all contact data (besides their preferred language) will need to be updated in your SIS which will then update our database within 48 hours. Contact languages can be modified in ReachWell by following the instructions in this section, and will impact any emails or text messages they receive from our app.
Please note: Push notification languages will be based on the language each contact personally selects from their ReachWell app.
To edit an existing contact in ReachWell, navigate to your Dashboard
> People > Contacts
- Select District: If you are an admin for multiple districts, you can filter contact data by selecting a specific district from the drop-down.
- Select School or Group: If you are an admin for multiple schools, you can filter contacts by selecting a specific school or group from the drop-downs. You can also view which families have not been assigned to a group, by selecting 'No Group'.
- Edit Contacts: Click the pencil icon corresponding to a contact to edit details like their profile information, groups, student relations and their preferred verification methods.
- Action: Select the Action option to deactivate a contact.
- Bulk Options: There are several options that can be done in bulk from the Contacts page. Please visit THIS article for details.
- Select Save Changes once you have made the needed updates.
To begin, navigate to ReachWell Dashboard > People > Contacts. If you see a green check-mark under the Status column for a contact, this means their account is active. If you see a blue shield icon, this means they have verified with ReachWell using the verification code they were provided. If you see a grey shield, this means they have not yet verified.
From the Contacts page you can see all Contacts' statuses.
Contacts' verification codes can be viewed from the Contacts page.
A contact's language can be modified from their profile page for all ReachWell clients. Unlike push notifications, the language selected here is how the contact will receive email and text messages from ReachWell. Push notifications will be translated to the language each contact selects from their ReachWell app. Select Save Changes once you have made the needed updates.
Admins have the option of removing contacts from ReachWell. The process will be determined by the type of ReachWell plan your organization is utilizing:
- Clever Sync: If your organization's contacts are being synced to ReachWell from your student information system (SIS) via Clever, contacts will need to be removed from your SIS. These changes will be reflected in ReachWell within 48 hours.
- CSV Upload: If your organization added contacts to ReachWell via a CSV upload, you can use the Remove Contacts from Organization option if you would like to remove a contact or contacts from your system.
- To do this, navigate to your Dashboard > People > Contacts.
- Select the contact(s) you would like to remove.
- Scroll to the bottom of the list and select Remove Contacts from Organization. Select the Go button.
Please also visit THIS
article for details on bulk options for ReachWell contacts!
Click here to subscribe to status updates through our ReachWell Academy channel on the app.