If your organization is utilizing our First Class plan, we provide an easy way to connect your student information system (SIS) to ReachWell enabling your school's contacts (i.e. families) to be automatically pulled into ReachWell on a nightly basis! This allows you to utilize ReachWell's private groups, instant chats, and messaging call/text/email features with ease. To connect to your school's SIS, ReachWell uses a third-party app called Clever. Most student information systems are supported by Clever but you can confirm if yours is by clicking here for the complete list of supported SIS's.
Please note: Even if your organization does not use one of Clever's supported student information systems, you still have the ability to manually upload your SIS data to Clever via CSV files. This data can then be synced to ReachWell. For more information, click HERE!
- Create a Clever account here if you don't already have one.
- Once you have an account, log in to Clever using this link and search for "ReachWell" to add our application from the Request Applications page. Please be sure to add the SSO/Rostering version of the app. Please note that you may need permission from your organization's IT administrator in order to connect using Clever.
Once done, you will set up your ReachWell
"sharing permissions" which determine what data will be synced to ReachWell
from your SIS. For details on how to set up your sharing permissions please visit this link
- Choose Share by Rules.
- Choose to Share by Student in order to select certain schools and then select Done editing.
- Select Add Another Rule.
- Share the students whose contacts you would like to provide access to ReachWell. You can set the filters to be very specific about which students (and associated contacts) you would like to include or exclude from the sync to ReachWell. When students are excluded from the sharing rules, their associated contacts will also not be synced to ReachWell.
- Select Done editing and then Save sharing rules.
What data is synced to ReachWell?
ReachWell does its best to limit the data being shared with us; however, we urge organizations to check their ReachWell sharing rules in Clever to ensure they are sharing the appropriate desired data. As a precaution, ReachWell will add the following filter on our end so we only receive:
- Contacts whose 'Type = Primary OR Parent/Guardian'
- Contacts whose 'Relationship = Parent'
In Clever, your district admins (and sometimes school admins depending on permission settings) can choose which student and contact data fields (e.g. date of birth, email, gender) to share with ReachWell. However, in order for ReachWell to properly engage families, we do require the following fields.
- Students: District, schools, name, sis_id, school, grade
- Contacts: District, name, sis_id, students, email, phone, relationship, type
Please visit THIS
Clever Help Center article for details on sharing data fields!
Prior to pulling your contacts into ReachWell, we recommend connecting with your ReachWell Success Manager to validate the data before completing the data sync. After validating the data, students and contacts (i.e. families) will be viewable by selecting People> Contacts from your Dashboard.
Click here to subscribe to status updates through our ReachWell Academy channel on the app.
Overview: First Class Plan
Overview ReachWell offers three plan options to organizations; First Class, Economy, and Free Forever. This article details the options provided to our First Class clients. For more information about the various ReachWell plans, please click HERE! ...
First Class Plan: Clever FAQs
Overview If your organization is utilizing our First Class plan, we provide an easy way to connect your student information system (SIS) to ReachWell enabling your school's contacts (i.e. families) to be automatically pulled into ReachWell on a ...
First Class Plan: Creating & Managing Contacts with a CSV Upload
Overview There are several plan packages available for ReachWell clients. For organizations utilizing our First Class plan, contacts can be synced to ReachWell via a Clever sync, or by uploading a CSV file. This article details the process for ...
First Class Plan: Students Overview (Clever Sync Only)
Overview Students may be available in ReachWell for organizations syncing data from Clever, and who are utilizing our First Class plan. Students will never have a user profile in the ReachWell app. The purpose of this user type is to help ...
First Class Plan: How does ReachWell sync with my systems?
Overview There are several plan packages available for ReachWell clients. For First Class clients, contacts (i.e. families and guardians) can be synced to ReachWell from your student information system (SIS) via a third party called Clever, or by ...